Monday, June 5, 2023

Tuesday May 24/June 6 ns 2023 > • St. Symeon of the Wondrous Mountain, St. Vincent of Lérins  NO FASTING ALL WEEK >> Rom. 1:1–7, 13–17; St. Matt. 4:23–5:13 >>> O TASTE AND SEE

O TASTE AND SEE

In Christ's Church we are exposed to preaching, guidance from the saints, fasting, celebrating the feasts, and so on and on!  The objective of all of it and life itself is not only to provide the means by which we are made a citizen of Paradise but until then to endure this world of God given beauty, stricken by war, hatred, inhumanity and death – the work of an angel who was kicked out of Paradise.  

You may ask, since we must have faith until then, isn’t a small taste of Paradise allowed, possibly like fragrance from food?  Yes is the answer.   Were we not told to TASTE AND SEE by the Holy Prophet?   How big of a taste do we need you may ask?  We may claim to have faith but if a mustard seed of faith is enough to move a mountain, what does that tell you?  Obviously it only takes a little but the question is, just how much do you desire that taste?  

Does our Father in Heaven love us infinitely?  All we need do is ask, yes, just ask but we must abandon all desire for everything else beforehand. What is the meaning of all desire?  You already know the answer.  Lets put it this way.  You are in the middle of ocean, drowning and going under for the last time, how much would you like a lifebuoy thrown to you?    Is this brief life not a sinking ship?  O our souls, why are we sleeping?

Everyone, even the unbelievers, will meet Christ face to face and with all our being desire a word from Him:  Come!

  

Evlogetaria 

Blessed are Thou, O Lord; teach me Thy statutes.

The Choir of the Saints has found the Fountain of Life, and the Door of Paradise. May I also find the way through repentance: the sheep that was lost am I; call me back, O Savior, and save me.

O Blessed are Thou, O Lord; teach me Thy statutes.

Thou Who of old did fashion me out of nothingness, and with Thine Image divine did honor me; but because of transgression of Thy commandments did return me again to the earth where I was taken; lead me back to be refashioned into that ancient beauty of Your Likeness.

Blessed are Thou, O Lord; teach me Thy statutes

Image am I of Your unutterable glory, though I bear the scars of my stumblings. Have compassion on me, the work of Your hands, O Sovereign Lord, and cleanse me through Your loving-kindness; and the homeland of my heart's desire bestow on me by making me a citizen of Paradise.

Blessed are Thou, O Lord; teach me Thy statutes.

Give rest, O God, unto Thy servant, and appoint for him (her) a place in Paradise; where the choirs of the Saints, O Lord, and the just will shine forth like stars; to Thy servant that is sleeping now do Thou give rest, overlooking all his (her) offenses.

Glory to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.

The Trinal Radiance of One Godhead with reverent song acclaiming let us cry; Holy art Thou, O Eternal Father, and Son also Eternal, and Spirit Divine; shine with Thy light on us who with faith adore Thee; and from the fire eternal rescue us.

Both now and ever and to the ages of ages. Amen.

Hail, O Gracious Lady, that in the flesh bears God for salvation of all; and through whom the human race has found salvation: through thee may we find Paradise, Theotokos, our Lady pure and blessed.

Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia; Glory to Thee, O God. (x3)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment